Expressive Arts Therapy & Mindfulness
Instructor: Sibel Golden, PhD, LMHC, REAT
Date: Saturday May 8, 2021
Hours: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm PT
Location: ONLINE via Zoom
CEs: This workshop provides 3 CEs
This workshop will explore how mindfulness can be cultivated through an Expressive Arts Therapy approach, and how Expressive Arts approaches can cultivate mindfulness. There will be a focus on visual and writing modalities, as well as mindfulness practices.
- Creating a safe space for the arts process
- Witnessing the process
- Sensory poetry
- Visual Gratitude
- Body Map
- Artful Loving Kindness
Participants will have hands-on opportunities to experience how to work with arts modalities and mindfulness, as well as discussions to refine their understanding and work on direct clinical application issues.
- Participants will gain an understanding of how and why the expressive arts and mindfulness can work together therapeutically.
- Participants will gain working knowledge of how to integrate the expressive arts and mindfulness, and how to safely put this into clinical practice.
- Participants will engage in hands-on visual, writing, and mindfulness exercises to gain a deeper understanding of how the integration between expressive arts modalities and mindfulness can be utilized professionally and personally.
- Participants will learn basic, person-centered approaches to foster the integration of expressive arts and mindfulness in clinical practice.
Suggested art materials:
- Colored pencils, markers, crayons, oil or chalk pastels (one or more of these is fine)
- Drawing or mixed media paper–can be a sketch book, for example
- Pen, writing paper (printer paper is fine!)
- Water colors and collage materials (optional)
*You do not have to have any prior experience in art.
If you are outside of Washington State, we advise that you check with your state licensing board to confirm that they accept NBCC approved CEs. This workshop offers 3 CEs for Mental Health Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists and Licensed Social Workers.
Northwest Creative & Expressive Arts Institute is a NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider ™, ACEP No. 7014.
- Expressive Arts Therapy & Mindfulness
May 8, 2021
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Venue: Online webinar via Zoom