Expressive arts toolbox
- This workshop will present participants with some Expressive Arts concepts and foundations. We hope it will encourage you to consider using art in your therapeutic practice.
- This workshop will teach the benefits of Expressive Arts Therapy, as well as overview specific uses and outcomes it can provide for clients and participants.
- Participants will learn Therapist Guidelines for utilizing techniques learned.
- Participants will learn what materials to consider using in their practices.
- Participants will experience and learn drawing and visual media experiences as well as simple collage, and poetry prompts to use (and the benefits of each approach).
- Participants will come to understand art, writing, and movement as therapeutic modalities.
- Participants will engage in hands-on experiences in all modalities, as well as discussions to put learned techniques into use.
Ethics of Self Care: An Art-Based Approach
- This workshop highlights why Self Care is an ethical issue, overview common themes and benefits, and show why it is vital for counselors and mental health professionals.
- Participants will engage in several personal writing prompts, discussions, and art experiences in order to evaluate their personal thoughts and opinions and put new knowledge to use throughout the training.
- Participants will gain a clear understanding of what stress is, types of stress, its importance, and its impact on the body.
- Participants will learn about compassion fatigue, burnout, and vicarious trauma, as well as risk factors and professional impacts of each.
- Participants will learn how to practice professional restoration and leisure, as well as learn the types and benefits of each.
Art & Eating Disorders Workshop (Level 1)
- This workshop will present participants with some Expressive Arts Therapy concepts and ideas to put into practice.
- This workshop will overview types of Eating Disorders and their biopsychosocial and spiritual factors.
- Our workshop is based on the “Health at Every Size”, “Intuitive Eating”, and mindful eating philosophies.
- Participants will engage in hands-on activities that analyze media, stigma, and the self of the therapist, using visual arts and expressive writing modalities.
- Participants will learn useful skills for problem-solving and techniques to use to better help clients.