Expressive Arts Therapy & Mindfulness
Instructor: Sibel Golden, PhD, LMHC, REAT
Date: Saturday, August 1, 2020
Hours: 9 am – 12:15 pm
Location: ONLINE via Zoom
CEs: This workshop provides 3 CEs
This workshop will explore how mindfulness can be cultivated through an Expressive Arts Therapy approach, and how Expressive Arts approaches can cultivate mindfulness. There will be a focus on visual and writing modalities, as well as mindfulness practices.*
- Creating a safe space for the arts process
- Witnessing the process
- Sensory poetry
- Visual Gratitude
- Body Map
- Artful Loving Kindness
Participants will have hands-on opportunities to experience how to work with arts modalities and mindfulness, as well as discussions to refine their understanding and work on direct clinical application issues.
- Participants will gain an understanding of how and why the expressive arts and mindfulness can work together therapeutically.
- Participants will gain working knowledge of how to integrate the expressive arts and mindfulness, and how to safely put this into clinical practice.
- Participants will engage in hands-on visual, writing, and mindfulness exercises to gain a deeper understanding of how the integration between expressive arts modalities and mindfulness can be utilized professionally and personally.
- Participants will learn basic, person-centered approaches to foster the integration of expressive arts and mindfulness in clinical practice.
*You do not have to have any prior experience in art.
Suggested art materials:
- Colored pencils, markers, crayons, oil or chalk pastels (one or more of these is fine)
- Drawing or mixed media paper–can be a sketch book, for example
- Pen, writing paper (printer paper is fine!)
- Water colors and collage materials (optional)
You will receive the Zoom access link about 1 week prior to the workshop date.
This workshop offers 3 CEs for Mental Health Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists and Licensed Social Workers.
Northwest Creative & Expressive Arts Institute is a NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider ™, ACEP No. 7014.
- Expressive Arts Therapy & Mindfulness
August 1, 2020
9:00 am - 12:15 pm
Venue: Online webinar via Zoom